Vegan Black Bean Tacos
Tacos are something I really missed when I decided to eat a vegan diet. Taco shells and veggies were not an adequate replacement. We’ve tried all of the fake meats, but none compare to this Vegan Black Bean Tacos “recipe”!
I love finding really delicious ways to eat the things I missed! This Vegan Black Bean Tacos “recipe” is so easy we really cannot even call it a recipe. But it’s delicious- and simple is good when you are LIVING! with kids.
Here is another vegan recipe that I cannot get enough of: The Best Vegan Lasagna I Have Ever Had.
So here goes:
What you Will Need for the Vegan Black Bean Tacos:
- approximately 1T of the oil of your choice
- 1 can black beans
- 1 onion
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning (or make your own)
- Taco Shells
Vegan Black Bean Tacos Topping Ideas:
- Taco Sauce
- Cheese (I use a vegan cashew nacho cheese sauce that is RIDICULOUS!)
To prepare the beans for the Vegan Black Bean Tacos (ready for the beauty of this “recipe”?):
- In a saute pan or skillet heat oil on medium heat
- add about 1/4 C of chopped onion
- sauté until translucent (about 5-7 minutes)
- Reduce heat and add drained black beans (or don’t drain if you normally do not)
- add about 1 C of water (you can add more to create the consistency you like)
- add Taco Seasoning
- mix everything together, and let simmer for about 15 minutes, adding more water if necessary and stirring regularly
- at this point I have a trick- I mash some of the beans with a potato masher
- Remove from heat and assemble tacos to your liking
We serve our tacos with boxed Spanish Rice Pilaf. Delish!
These beans are great reheated and make an even simpler second meal!
Did you make these vegan black bean tacos? Did you like them? Do you have any tips you can offer for super simple vegan meals? Please share!